Delair’s Carpet Barn hardwood refinishing will restore any worn or damaged hardwood floor to its original condition and avoid high replacement costs!
Delair’s Carpet Barn offers professional hardwood refinishing that will make your worn or damaged hardwood floor look just as it did when first installed. Hardwood floors are known to last well over 1o years if cared for properly. Nevertheless, proper maintenance does require hardwood refinishing.
Our professionals provide affordable hardwood refinishing services for customers in East Montpelier, Stowe, Waterbury and Morrisville, VT. You can take your hardwood floors from nearly requiring complete replacement to an attractive new finish just as they had when they were brand new. We leave your floors improved and protected against future damage so that you can expect decades of use before additional restoration is required.
Finding out whether or not you need hardwood refinishing for your floors is actually quite easy. You can conduct this easy test in your home to find out.
Sprinkle a few drops of water onto the surface of your hardwood floor. Then, note the following:
- Does it just sit on the surface? Does it sink in very slowly? If so, you can probably wait several months with only continued cleaning and polishing.
- Does it soak into your floor very quickly? If it does, this tells you that the finish here has worn away. If there is no serious damage, you can still get by with just simple refinishing.
- Do you see gouges, stains, uneven areas, or even warps? These are issues that must be fixed with complete hardwood refinishing.
- Have your wood floors measured to be certain that they are a minimum of ¾” thick. You want to know that there is still a sturdy foundation left.
- Was your floor initially installed using tongue and groove pieces? You will want to tell your refinishing technician about this beforehand.
- What kind of finish was originally used? The same finish should be used again because using different finishing products can damage your floors.
Delair’s Carpet Barn will be pleased to discuss your needs and to answer any questions that you may have. Please contact our East Montpelier location location. Feel free to drop by our showroom at either location and discuss your hardwood refinishing needs with one of our flooring professionals.